In line with their 10th anniversary and with the aim to discover new talented artists between the ages 18 to 25 years old, JNBM Paperclay has launched an art competition centering on the use of their product for painting. Using a canvass bigger than the usual size you can find at their 9 branches all over the Metro Manila, this opens up a great opportunity for creative youths to open up their imagination for a lot more possibilities using paperclay as their primary medium to express their thoughts about the theme “Yamang Sining, Yamang Dagat”.
The project is partnered with the Department of Environment and Natural Resources in the preservation of our marine wildlife. This would mean we will be seeing a lot of images of sea dwellers from big to small that will populate the Resorts World Manila starting May 15 up to June 30. Registration started last May 15 but continues until June 30.
The event is also an opportunity to introduce Paperclay as a universal art material that can be used as medium for paintings and other artwork.
They would also discover and launch a new batch of Paperclay Artists that will create artworks that will be exhibited as World-class Paperclay Artworks globally.
• Start of Registration: May 15, 2016
JNBM Branches Online Registration RWM (Proposed)
Competition Proper: May 15 – June 30, 2015
Winning entries exhibit: July 11-18, 2015 Venue: Resorts World Manila
Announcement of Grand Winners: July 19, 2015 Venue: Resorts World Manila
1st Prize P100,000.00
2nd Prize P75,000.00
3rd Prize P50,000.00
People’s Choice Award P25,000.00
Consolation (6 Artworks) 10,000.00 each
1. Raul Isidro National Artist
2. Raul Agner Director, Adamson Art Museum
3. _____________ President, Resorts World Manila
4. Owen Cammayo Director of Communication, Resorts World Manila
5. Nemi Miranda Filipino Artist, Angono Rizal
6. Egay Fernandez Filipino Artist, Quezon City
7. _____________ WWF
8. _____________ DENR-PAWB
9. _____________ GREENPEACE
10. Sponsor #1
11. Sponsor #2
12. Sponsor #3
• Open to all Filipino citizens who are 18years old and above as of May 15, 2015. As proof of age & citizenship, all entrants must submit any government issued document or identification card (ID), photocopy of the artist’s birth certificate, passport, or any valid government ID showing birth date and citizenship when submitting their entries.
• Professional and non-professional artists are eligible to join the competition.
• Participation Fee: P500.00 inclusive of 5 big cups of Paperclay.
• Employees of JNBM, their affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotions agencies, companies involved in the production of the program materials and the implementation of the competition, their agents, as well as their respective relatives up to the 2nd degree of consanguinity and affinity are not eligible to participate in the competition.
Specifications of the Painting Piece:
• Size: Not smaller than 36×48 inches or not bigger than 48 x 60 inches, exclusive of the frame
• Medium: Paperclay AND Acrylic only on stretched Boxed-type Canvas.
• Weight: not more than 15 kilos
• Should NOT be framed BUT have hanging provisions
• No signature must appear on the painting nor on the frame.
• An artist can submit only ONE (1) entry. Submission of entries in 2 or more is a cause for disqualification in the whole competition.
• Only ORIGINAL and RECENT works will be accepted (not more than 2 months from date of submission).
• The artworks must be ready for exhibition, and do not require assembly.
Non Acceptable Artworks
• Obscene subject/designs
• Oil Paint and other paint aside from the Art Medium indicated on 4.2.
• Dangerous materials
• Illegal/prohibited materials
• hazardous materials
• endangered botanical, zoological and marine specimens
• precious metals and stones
• fragile or brittle
• wet works
• incomplete documentation
• altered works to conform with size limitations
JNBM reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion, not to accept and/or disqualify any entry not meeting certain artistic and competition requirements or violating competition rules and regulations.
Competition Rules & Regulations
• All participants MUST USE the 2015 JNBM Registration Form when submitting their entries.
• Please read all the mechanics, rules and regulations carefully. JNBM enforces strict implementation of set guidelines. Non-compliant entries on any of the stipulated rules will be disqualified.
All entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
25% Creative Use of Medium
25% Expression and Technique
25% Originality of Artistic Perception and Mode of Interpretation
25% Relevance to Theme: “Yamang Sining, Yamang Dagat”
JNBM shall select members of the panel of judges.